Sunday, September 20, 2015

Repairing an irrigation hose leak under a sidewalk

A homeowner discovered one of his main irrigation hoses was leaking out in front of his house. I was asked to fix the problem.


The leak was underneath the concrete, so I decided the best solution would be to replace the entire section of hose that ran under the sidewalk.




The amount of water leaking in just several seconds was substantial. 



Photo shows new section of hose lying on top of the sidewalk with the ends taped to prevent dirt and rocks from getting inside.


I taped the new section of hose to the old existing hose and pulled them through until the new section was in place. I then attached the hoses with compression couplers.



The compression end cap was also leaking so I tightened it down. Now the hose doesn't leak and the plant receives the water it needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment